I thought I would start off this blog with something simple, sugar cookies. But don’t be turned off by the fact that I say simple. These are the BEST cookies ever. It is usually a very bad thing for me to have them in the house because I would literally eat them all in one night if I could.
Last time I made them, I was using gingerbread cookie cutouts, and my brother decided that they looked like south park characters. Everytime I make these cookies now we have to make a new south park characer. So some of these cookies have been sitting around the house for a long time, and have undergone many surgeries after limbs have broken off.
These are seriously the best cookies ever and need to be made:
Old fashion Sugar Cookies :
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add sour cream and beat until incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Bake for 12 minutes